Nov 13, 2010

Chilled macroni salad

I made this two days ago and it tasted awesome..My husband just went gaga over it... preferred this over dinner. Thanks to my sis Vaishali for sharing this with me..
 Dressing: Churn in mixer for 2-3 minutes- (3 tbspn chopped onions, 2 tb spn oil, 1/2 tspn each of red chilly powder, mustard powder, pepper, salt, sugar; 1 tspn oregano, 3 flakes garlic, 1tbspn lemon juice, 2 tbspn vinegar, 1/2 bay leaf crushed). Refrigerate the dressing in deep freezer for 10 minutes.

  • Meanwhile, boil 1 cup macroni. Add macroni to boiling water with 1 tspn salt and 1 tb spn oil, drain when cooked.
  • Saute 3 tbspn peanuts with 1 tbspn oil
  • Take half capsicum chopped (1/2 " squares).
  • Cut slices of one small sized cucumber.
  • Mix macroni, peanuts and capsicum with the dressing. Garnish it with a cucumber slices on top and keep in refrigerator.
  • Serve chilled.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of the most used salad at my home too :-). I add red n yellow bell peppers along with little bit of very small pieces of apple and pineapple too. You can add mustard sauce too in the dressing.

    ReplyDelete